Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Aromatherapy Benefits

My interesting in alternative medicine took me to aromatherapy. To my knowledge and experience aromatherapy benefits are of two types one is the benefit of complete relaxation you get by the aroma (smell) of the oil used. Other benefit is by the direct physical contact and massage with the oil.

I must say that you have to consult your physician before trying aromatherapy. The aromatherapy benefits which the producers of these products claim are not completely scientifically proven and may have some side effects. But I must say I have not had any side effect.

The aromatherapy benefit I got can be said as completely physical and mental relaxation. The soothing sensation while taking massage where they used oils with pleasing aroma was great. I went through a wonderful physical and metal relaxation while the massage and afterwards. I do not know about aromatherapy health benefits because I have not experienced, even if I have those health benefits of this therapy I think it will be quite difficult for me to sense them, but the benefits of physical and mental relaxation removing mental stress and physical strain is really great. I also took a hot water bath after the aromatherapy massage using the aromatherapy soap which they supplied to me and it had the same soothing effect on my body and mind.

I once again would like to advise you to consult your physician before going for aromatherapy because the essential oils used are known to be having some side effects in some people. Once recommended by your physician you can also enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy like me.

No comments: